We currently have the employment opportunity outlined below. If possible would you mind distributing this opportunity to your students please.Earth Green offer a landscape & planning service tailored for the renewables industry. Our in-house planners, landscape architects & GIS specialists produce Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIA); landscape masterplans; photomontage and wireframe visualisations; planning statements; technical drawings; wind power feasibility studies; site layouts/cartographic products; zones of theoretical visibility/viewshed analyses and shadow flicker assessments. We also carry out community engagement exercises where we use our own work to inform and educate residents regarding local developments. We work with both solar and wind schemes across England & Wales.
A Graduate Assistant Landscape Architect position has become available at Earth Green Ltd. The role is ideal for a recent graduate or someone who is near the end of their 2014 studies.
1. Creating cartographic products for planning applications as well as Landscape & Visual Impact Assessments
2. The production of photomontages & zones of theoretical visibility using ReSoft Windfarm software (a specialised GIS platform)
3. Shadow flicker analyses
4. Constraints mapping and baseline data collection
5. Geographic address look-ups for community consultation exercises
6. Carrying out site visits
7. Technical drawings using AutoCAD
8. Report writing
9. Providing assistance to our in-house landscape architect and planner
Essential skills & requirements:
1. ESRI ArcGIS2. BA Landscape Architecture
3. BSc/BA in Geography/GIS
4. Full UK driving license
2. ReSoft Windfarm
3. Adobe Suite4. BA PGD or MA in Landscape Architecture
5. MSc/MA in Geography/GIS
Training will be offered on the job, particularly in those areas mentioned in the ‘desirable skills’. We are happy to negotiate a part-time start for those still studying; the position is likely to become full-time.
Please note our website is currently under redevelopment.
Please send a CV & a short covering letter to Christopher Trollope – we will reply to all applicationsBest wishesChris