At Arup, we design and deliver ground breaking and iconic projects through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup provides an integrated approach and delivers sustainable solutions to the design of cities and complex urban and rural environments. We are a team of landscape architects, urban designers, architects, planners and sustainability experts working on a variety of projects across the world. Our network of landscape teams in the UK includes London, Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, Newcastle and Solihull, with overseas teams in Brisbane, Hong Kong and Shanghai. We are differentiated from our competitors by our ability to combine skills to solve particularly complex or unusual problems and help our clients to create an integrated vision with a full commitment to develop successful and sustainable places.
With a well-established landscape architecture business, we offer our clients a full range of services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Concept design to planning
- Detail design for construction
- Visualisations/3D Modelling
- Design guidelines and best practice
- Feasibility studies and area strategies
- Strategic planning and policy review
Our landscape architecture teams work side by side with a wide range of Arup’s other specialist disciplines, including urban design, ecology, town planning, digital technology, engineering, cost consulting and project management.
For further information and some examples of our work, please click the following links:
About the role
We’re currently looking for Graduate Landscape Architects to join our award-winning team in London.
As a Graduate Landscape Architect within Arup, you will be working alongside an unrivalled community of experts, who will support and nurture your growth from the outset. In return, you’ll help us deliver effective and professional services in a wide range of sectors for varied and high profile clients.
While Arup graduates are given a significant level of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the opportunities to learn, progress and broaden your skills and develop as a professional.
The Arup portfolio is exciting and diverse, exposing our graduates to a range of project scales and types, each offering their own opportunity for personal development. With the primary responsibility to support your senior team, your typical day to day responsibilities could include;
- Assisting design work
- Preparation of detailed construction drawings
- Preparation of masterplan graphics
- Production of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIA)
- Preparation of clear and concise reports
- Site Surveys
- Planning your workload so that you can deliver on time or ahead of target
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with passion for design, curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the landscape architecture industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture/design/planning/management/restoration, architecture, geography, horticulture, garden design, urban design, environmental science or environmental conservation.
- A Masters or Post Graduate Diploma qualification in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Management is desirable. For those joining us who are qualified to Bachelor’s degree level, you will need to be committed to gaining a post-graduate qualification while working with us, to be eligible for chartership.
- Ability to share ideas through sketching and hand drawing
- Awareness of LVIA and how it influences a project
- A strong working knowledge of; AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup (or other 3D modelling software) and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and respond to the needs of a project brief
- Strong team working skills
You will also need to be committed to the Landscape Institute’s Pathway to Chartership.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Our Graduate Welcome and Skills Week will take place in September 2018.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.